How to Get Connected with SSD:
Step 1: Complete the Student Initial Information Form
- Access the Student Initial Information Form through our Accommodate platform.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that you should not delay meeting with us due to documentation concerns. Our first priority is meeting with you. Your coordinator will discuss appropriate documentation during your Welcome Meeting.
- Please review our Helpful Documentation Guidelines. Documentation can be securely uploaded by the student in Accommodate. When this is not possible, it can also be submitted via fax at 734-936-3947, emailed directly to your Coordinator, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Schedule a Welcome Meeting
- After submitting your Initial Information Form you will receive an email from SSD with a link to schedule your Welcome Meeting with your assigned coordinator.
- If you are an incoming first year student, we recommend waiting until during or after orientation to meet with a SSD coordinator.
- Meetings can be held virtually or in-person.
- IMPORTANT: Please note emails from SSD will only be sent to your Umich email. Monitor your account for important updates and information.
Step 3: Welcome Meeting
- During this meeting your coordinator will talk with you about disability-related barriers you may be experiencing, any history of accommodations, will explore reasonable accommodations, and discuss next steps.
- Coordinator may request additional documentation if needed.
For information about accommodations that are managed by other units or use alternate forms, please use the contact infromation below.
Placement Testing Accommodations- Contact the Office of New Student Programs.
Paratransit Services are offered for students, employees, and visitors to campus. If you are in need, please complete our Paratransit Application.
Accessible Parking - contact Logistics, Transportation & Parking.
Housing Accommodations - Managed by Housing's Health and Disability Coordinator. Contact them about the accommodation process by calling (734) 764-7400 or emailing email@example.com.Learn more at UMich Housing Additional Living Options.
Dietairy Considerations - Students with food allergies or that require a special diet, M|Dining has registered dietitians who can provide you with the resources and information needed to make healthy food choices in the dining halls. For more information check out M|Dining's Allergies and Special Diets or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All first-time Accommodate Users must complete the Student Application Form.