The Student Accessibility & Accommodation Services Fall 2023 Scholarship Application Period runs from August 21 to October 17. Scholarships will be awarded beginning the week of November 27. We will notify students who have not been selected once all scholarships have been awarded.
The Jesse Ridley Foundation Scholarship will be awarded in late Fall 2023; applicants will be notified accordingly.
Steps for Application for Scholarships:
1. During open application periods please submit the application for the scholarship or funding you are interested in. You must fill out one survey for each scholarship or funding you wish to apply for. Please see the Scholarship Guide for more information about each of our scholarships as well as timeframes for when they are awarded.
2. Attach any essays or documentation requested to application; entries will not be considered unless all requested information has been provided.
3. You must be connected with your disabilities office and have completed an initial meeting with a disability services coordinator to apply.
Steps for Application for Disability Funding: (Open application period is January-December, pausing every fourth month)
1. Submit Disability Funding Application *for students with mobility/physical disabilities
2. Submit Disability Funding Application-for Adaptive Devices *for students with any types of disabilities
3. NEW Submit Wolens Speech & Language Disfluency Funding Application *for students with speech disfluency, commonly known as stuttering or stammering
4. Attach any supporting documentation/essay to application (entries will not be considered unless all requested information has been provided)
5. You must be connected with your disabilities office and have completed an initial meeting with a disability services coordinator to apply.
6. Please see our funding guide for more information on what types of things Disability Funding does NOT fund
Our scholarships are only available for disabled students at the University of Michigan who are connected with their disability services office.
Most of our scholarships are awarded based upon the greatest financial need of the student who has applied; we obtain this information directly from the Financial Aid office. Certain scholarships or funding require the submission of an additional essay or statement; in these cases, the donor or review committee has requested the additional information to aid them in the selection process.
We don't guarantee availability or amount of funds in any given year, as many of our funds are expendable. And while we delight in stewarding the funds available to our students, at times we may determine a need to pause the process of stewarding based on the internal needs of our unit.
Disability Funding requests are January-December, pausing every fourth month. You must have a disability to be eligible for Disability Funding.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Anya Cobler, SAAS Stewardship Program Coordinator, directly: email@example.com