Services for Students with Disabilities

These resources and services are to assist students with disabilities on the U-M campus and in the local community. In some cases, but not all, a student has to register with the SSD office to access these services. Please contact us to learn more about the registration process.

Proctor Options for Out-of-Residence Exams

The LSA Testing Accommodation Center (TAC) serves the College by providing reasonable testing accommodations to students with verified disabilities who are enrolled in LSA courses. The TAC is not available for proctoring exams for out-of-residence coursework. Here is a list of proctor options at the University of Michigan and at other agencies and institutions.

Assistive Technology Evaluations

Current and prospective students are eligible to receive unlimited consultation from the Knox Center. Proof of disability (such as registration with SSD) is not required to make an evaluation appointment. Appointments are usually scheduled between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays; exceptions may be made in unusual situations. 

There is no charge. To make an appointment, please contact Knox Center staff at

Housing Accommodations

Information regarding disability related housing accommodations on and off campus, including dining options for those who have food allergies or require a special diet, and the documentation process for service animals.