The Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarships are typically awarded to four to seven students in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000. This award is for students who have a permanent visual, hearing, mobility impairment or chronic health condition.
- Student must have filled out a Financial Aid Form
- Student must be enrolled in both Fall and Winter semesters
- Student must have documentation on file with SSD
- Student must have financial need
The following will be considered when awarding the Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarship:
- Your financial situation and how you would use a Ridley Scholarship
- Your parents' careers and income (even if you are a graduate or independent student)
- Your career objective and the qualities you possess which make you a candidate worthy of this scholarship
- Funding received from Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Council for the Blind or other rehabilitation agency
- Graduate or undergraduate status
- Impact of disability
- Students will be asked for thank you letters and feedback on how scholarship funds are utilized.
Application now closed.
Students receiving awards will be notified in late fall/early winter.