Services for Students with Disabilities

U-M Transportation

SSD approves the use of Paratransit for students, faculty and staff who usually have mobility impairments and temporary mobility impairments. However, you can contact SSD if you are not sure because there are some other conditions under which students, faculty or staff may qualify.

The University’s Department of Parking and Transportation lists options for transportation available to students, faculty and staff with disabilities. Visit their website at:

U-M Parking Services

A student who wishes to use accessible parking in U of M staff parking lots or structures will need to use a U of M parking permit in conjunction with a state issued accessible parking placard. To obtain a parking permit, students must present a state issued accessible parking placard, U of M student I.D., and driver's license to the U of M Parking Customer Services Office.  Office hours are listed here.  Permits are free of charge to students with a state issued accessible parking placard.  Students must be registered for classes to be eligible.   

If you have a temporary state issued accessible parking placard, you will be issued a temporary U of M parking permit.  For more information about accessible parking, visit the U of M Logistics, Transportation & Parking website:  

Off-Campus Transportation


You may be able to use the regular Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority buses to get to some locations on and off campus because all of these buses are lift or ramp equipped. You may ride any AAATA bus seven days a week for free when you swipe your MCard as you board. For route information or schedules, call (734) 996-0400.


If you live off campus and cannot get to campus by the regular AAATA bus service, you can apply for AAATA A-Ride ADA Eligibility card. For more information, call (734) 973-1611. These and other services are listed on the AAATA website at:

For NightRide and HolidayRide services and schedules, go to: