- If the main impairment is cognitive a Neuropsychological Test completed within the last 5 years (using adult testing measures only) is warranted.
- If the main impairment is chronic health, a Chronic Health Condition verification form must be completed.
- If the main impairment is mental health, a certified professional has to fill out a Disability Verification Form.
How to Register with SSD
- Faxed to (734) 936-3947 - Must include a cover sheet with name and UM ID
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brought to our office at G-664 Haven Hall
Once our office receives the paperwork you will receive an email confirmation and be assigned a disability coordinator. You will be asked to contact your disability coordinator to set up a meeting.
During the initial meeting, the registration paperwork will be done. Your disability coordinator will determine your eligibility for services and identify reasonable and appropriate academic accommodations.