The Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarships are typically awarded to four to seven students in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000. This award is for students who have a permanent visual, hearing, mobility impairment or chronic health condition.
- Student must have filled out a Financial Aid Form
- Student must be enrolled in both Fall and Winter semesters
- Student must have documentation on file with SSD
- Student must have financial need
The following will be considered when awarding the Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarship:
- Your financial situation and how you would use a Ridley Scholarship
- Your parents' careers and income (even if you are a graduate or independent student)
- Your career objective and the qualities you possess which make you a candidate worthy of this scholarship
- Funding received from Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Council for the Blind or other rehabilitation agency
- Graduate or undergraduate status
- Impact of disability
This application is now closed.
Fill out and submit the online application here, no later than Friday, September 20, 2019.
Students receiving awards will be notified in late fall/early winter.