In case of an actual emergency, call the Ann Arbor Police Department at 9-1-1.
Campus administrators use a variety of ways to notify people of a campus emergency.
The U-M Campus Alerts system includes:
- U-M Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) are available 24/7/365.
- Phone: +1 (734) 763-1131 (accepts international collect calls)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency text-messaging for cell phones. Sign up for Campus Alerts
- Sign up for U-M Public Safety App to report a crime or concern, send a tip about suspicious activity, request after-hours transport and view crime alerts
- Broadcast e-mail sent to the university e-mail accounts of students, faculty and staff
- Fire alarm systems
- External news media: radio, television, print and Internet outlets are notified by the Office of the Vice President for Communications
- Anyone on campus can directly contact the U-M DPSS by using the Emergency Blue Light Phones located throughout campus.