Working with Interpreters
While working with interpreters, it is the responsibility of the student to:
- Provide SSD with at least 24-hour notice prior to the beginning of any class you will miss. This will allow reassignment of the interpreter.
- Make requests for additional interpreting services, other than the regularly scheduled class time, through the SSD office. Please give as much advance notice as possible.
- Any concerns or problems with an interpreter should be brought to the attention of the Coordinator of Services for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing.
It is the responsibility of the interpreter to:
- Follow the code of Ethics for Interpreters established by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf.
- Give SSD advance notice of any absence so that another interpreter may be assigned to cover the class. Whenever possible please give 24-hour notice.