The Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarships are typically awarded to four to seven students in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000. All application materials must be submitted to Services for Students with Disabilities by September 30, 2014. Students receiving awards will be notified in late fall/early winter. Funds will then be distributed directly to each students’ account for the calendar year.
The following are required of a student applying for Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarship:
- Student must have filled out a Financial Aid Form
- Student must be enrolled Fall 2014 and Winter 2015
- This award is for students that have a visual or hearing or mobility impairment or a chronic health condition.
- Student must have a permanent disability with documentation on file with SSD
- Student must have financial need.
The following will be considered when awarding the Jessie Ridley Foundation Scholarship:
- financial need
- parental income
- type of disability
- funding received from Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Council for the Blind or other rehabilitation agency
- graduate or undergraduate status
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR JESSIE RIDLEY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS:
On a sheet of paper please give your name, phone number and student ID number.
Indicate if you are a US resident, your graduation date and the number of hours for which you are currently enrolled.
Then please describe:
- Your financial situation and how you would use a Ridley Scholarship
- Your parents' careers and income (even if you are a graduate or independent student)
- Your career objective and the qualities you possess which make you a candidate worthy of this scholarship.
This application can be delivered or emailed by: September 30, 2014
To: Services for Students with Disabilities
G664 Haven Hall, 505 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1045