As we move into the homestretch of this semester, we want to remind you of the range of CAPS services that students can use the same day or within the same week from now until December 20th.
1) (NEW) Drop-in Support Groups: CAPS has added a new service for the next 3 weeks. With only a few days left in the semester, scheduling an individual appointment may not be needed, but good mental health information is still needed. Students can come and share concerns and receive direction and support from a senior staff counselor and other students experiencing similar concerns.
- Monday, 12/3 from 3:00 – 4:15pm
- Thursday, 12/6 from 12:00 – 1:15pm
- Monday, 12/10 from 3:00 – 4:15pm
- Thursday, 12/13 from 12:00 – 1:15pm
2) (NEW) One-time Consultation Appointments: Given the time of the semester, CAPS is adding a number of one time consultation appointments between Nov. 29--Dec. 20 to help provide support. Students can come into CAPS to schedule an appointment during the next 3 weeks.
3) Referral First Appointments: A CAPS case manager can help a student decide what type of service is needed, either at CAPS or elsewhere on campus or in Ann Arbor -- we’ve also added extra ‘referral’ appointments, again for the next 3 weeks. Students can call the front desk at (734) 764-8312 for more information.
4) Common Concerns Programs: Each day these no appointment needed programs focus on specific strategies addressing the most frequent mental health concerns of students.
Monday through Thursday 4:15pm - 5:30pm through Dec 13th.
- Managing Anxiety - Mondays
- Beating the Blues - Tuesdays
- Performance Enhancement series - Wednesdays
- Relationship Enhancement series - Thursdays
5) Counselor on Duty (COD): This is a service which is available to meet with students the same day who have an urgent need/question, are in crisis, or feel that they can’t wait. This is available between 10am-6 pm on (M-Th) and 10am-4pm (F).
6) The Wellness Zone (WZ): The WZ is a self-service resource to maximize emotional wellness and well-being. Wellness approaches available in the WZ include yoga and meditation tools, massage chairs, Xbox Kinect system, biofeedback software, seasonal affective disorder light therapy and other wellness resources.
And…remember the important AFTER HOURS mental health coverage for UM, which is:
- Psychiatric Emergency Services 996-4747 (U of M Hospital)